Monday, February 04, 2008

5 o'clock is Naked Iroh Time

Two Years a Papa continues...

Julia took our camera with her to Vienna so the majority of pictures that I'll be posting, for this week at least, will be from our extensive Ari photo archives. Tonight, however, you'll be getting a fresh batch of pictures thanks to Brooke.Yesterday I took Ari out to a gaming store and let her run around with Kelly while I got my clix on. Before this weekend I had been on a mad streak and had won the last 5 tournaments that I had attended. Let's just say that the streak is over, still jolly good fun of course. Then Ari and I went shopping at Target and Whole Foods so I could get fixin's for dinner.
I made two pizzas one was sausage (and quite tasty) while the other was...different.
In honor of the Arkham Horror game planned for that evening I made a calamari pizza. It was a tentacular delight and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to get a photo of it.
We (and by "we" I mean "I" as the game is just a little too advanced for Ari) did in fact play Arkham Horror with Jeff, Rick, Jaime, and Kelly and a reasonably good time was had by all. Brooke came over later and we watched City of Death. Good times.

Today we went over to R&B's for a breakfast so late in the day it couldn't properly be called brunch. Then we went over to the Rag-O-Rama for their $1 sale. Which translated to dropping Brooke off to employ her shop-fu while Rick, Ari, and I went and found other ways to occupy ourselves.
Later on it was back to R&B's for dinner and a board game. Evidently tonight was "let's play a really old board game that Brooke owns, but has never played before" night; first we tried to play Murder She Wrote: the Board Game, but then we realized that we didn't have enough players and instead tried out Clue- The Great Museum Caper. None of us had played it before, a few elements didn't make much sense, and I have no idea how it was supposed to be related to the game Clue, but it was still reasonably fun. We'll probably try it again sometime with Julia.

Lately Ari has been in a bit of a "naked phase" and will insist on removing all of her clothes no matter how chilly it is.
She also hasn't been sleeping very well. I've been getting her into bed at a reasonable time, but she keeps waking up and has a hard time getting back to sleep.
Consequently I haven't been sleeping very well either.

The cat in the right-hand picture is Kira (not to be confused with Kira-the-Human who we game with). She was very tolerant of Ari's petting, but not so hot on Ari's repeated attempts to pick her her up. Despite what it looks like here, Ari was not about to jump off the couch after the cat.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Brooke tells me that their cat is named Cara, not Kira.

Should not be confused with Cara-the-eshu then.