Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wanting milk

Here is Ari being a pirate. Yarr. She found this on the floor (our very, very messy floor) and demanded Thad put it on her.

The last few weeks have been pretty suck. I've been really sick, and Thad's been working alot. His days start early and end early, partly because he's been biking this route to work every day. It's nice because it leaves me the car (although I've been busing when convenient) and also means using less gas. :P But it does mean a 45 minute ride at both ends of his day, and get up at 6:00 AM.

It's so weird, because I've gone from going to bed at 1 or 2 in the morning habitually to sacking out- exhausted- around 10 or 11. I'm just tired all the time right now. The worst of the nausea seems to have let up; now my problem is that I'm too exhausted to cook anything, so even though I could eat, there's no food.

Our other good news is that we have decided on a midwife. We were debating going with CHOICE, which would have been fine, I'm sure. I met with them and they seemed good.

But then we went out to Heath (an hour away!) and met with an independent midwife named Kathy, and we really hit it off with her and her apprentice. Her apprentice lives in town, which makes me feel better about the whole hour-away thing, also. Anyway, so we agreed that we would have her attend the birth here. I'm not sure where in my tiny apartment this will happen, but I think we can work that out later. :)

Well, we're trying to get our horrible house cleaned up before we have guests for Origins this upcoming week. Wish us luck. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You totally have the pregnancy glow going.

Oh, the nausea. I'm soooo ready for it to end. Phenergan has become a good friend of mine, out of necessity.

I'm 11 weeks tomorrow.

It seems like everyone I know is pregnant!