Thursday, January 17, 2008

A blank page

This is my beautiful daughter, at 2 AM, sitting in the middle of a pile of rice crispies, compounded by a pile of cornstarch. She was eating the rice crispies, but I think she was just playing with the corn starch. I kind of hope she was just playing with it, because otherwise, it reveals some really disturbing things about my child's tastebuds. Ech, I got a face full of it when I was changing her jammies.

I haven't had the motivation to clean it up yet; I expect that'll come tomorrow. In my defense, I do get kind of zoned out when it's the wee hours and my girl still isn't to bed. I really ought to try to do something to get her on a more even schedule, but I've been too lazy- and her staying up so late all the time (which she has been, lately) isn't as suck as it might be, really.

Today, I got home, and Ari started asking for "sammy hugs"- which is to say, "family hugs", wherein she gets to be in the middle of a mama and papa sandwich. She also beeped my nose repeatedly and played "peetaboo" with me. It was freakin' adorable. Oh, and lately, when Thad goes to bed, she wants to snuggle under the covers. I can hardly get her away so he can sleep. Sometimes she asks for "sammy hugs" then, too.

The first outings for some of the cookbooks I got at the xmas are up at the Cookbook Party Club blog, if anyone cares. There is even pictures.

No comments: