Friday, June 06, 2008

A whole bag of nuts

Yesterday, Ari came up to where I was sitting at the computer with a damp clean-up cloth. "Oh Ari!" she said to me. "Oh Ari!" I wasn't really sure what she was doing, or why she was saying that. I had just had to usher her away from a hot oven, and I thought maybe she was repeating my words from then.

But she was insistent. "Oh Ari!" she said. Finally, I looked around. Across the room, on the tile floor next to the kitchen, was a smashed egg. Apparently, Ari had gotten the last egg out of the carton sitting on the counter, and smashed it (advertently or inadvertently?) on the ground. Then, she went and got a cloth to clean it up with. She'd clearly tried to clean it up, not been successful, and come to me. Since "Oh, Ari!" seems to be what I say when I run across a particularly nasty mess she's made, that's clearly the thing you say. Kids are smart.

PS: Thad made this pie today. It is full of berries. I bet you five dollars it will be delicious.

No comments: