Friday, May 19, 2006

Playin' on the floor with her fishies

I actually sat down yesterday to write, and couldn't. Thad and I were having a fight, you see, and I was too upset to think about my day or my sweet sweet baby girl. What were we fighting about? What we always fight about (when we fight, which is not often)- a game. Yes, we were fighting because I moved Thad into the inn, which prevented him beating Jaime up and reclaiming the Necronomicon, and returning it to the Altar and thus winning the game. And he was mad about it, and I was defensive, and I think both of us kinda needed to go to bed... Everyone always says that "don't go to bed angry" thing, but I think some things can really be solved by a decent nights' sleep and enough distance to see that we were both being ridiculous. :)

Anyway, yesterday was Thursday-licious. It was notable because Ari took a two and a half hour long nap, without mama to nurse her back down! She passed right out when I laid her down after we got home, and then I had to go meet with a student. Thad was working at Everett, so he got home right as she was passing out, and I was able to just go. I didn't get home 'till near on 5 o'clock, but she just slept right through the whole thing. She didn't wake up until after I was home, which made me happy.

Today was the Day of Laundry- I did four loads, the last of which was diapers (still unretrieved from the dryer, you'll note). In between laundry loads, Ari and I had a good time dancing around to the music my mother sent me for Mother's Day. Ari loves dancing with me, or watching me dance, so she was happy. We also spent a good long time making faces at each other. I love watching her when she's happy- her little mouth goes wiiide open in a big grin, and she laughs with her whole body!

We went to Janessa's house in the evening (tonight was a Shaintair night, so I had to amuse myself somehow), and I kept her out way too late, poor little girl.

No comments: