Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ramblin' round the old hay mound

Today was a very weird day. Tomorrow is my last full day of class. I tried to get some work done, and mostly failed. Mostly, but not entirely- I'm kinda minimally prepared for the morrow. Thad stayed home because of the aforementioned car troubles, which was nice on one level (no wild bus adventures, because Thad could watch the girl) and crappy on another level (no money).

The mechanics took all of two minutes to declare that it needs a new clutch. Since we had suspicions of this, and even another half an opinion (the long distance opinion of Phil, our old mechanic from Florida), we're going to start seriously shopping for a new car. Whee. There goes my hopes of getting a new computer- this one is starting to make me CRAZY.

The girl was mostly very sweet today, but she couldn't get to sleep, poor thing. I can only guess her teeth were bothering her. She had a clear runny nose and runny eyes, too. I have some teething tabs that are rumored to help, but I can't find them! Argh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julia - do you think that you and Thad could find the time to write letters of reference for Steven and I and email them to me? We start our new job on the tenth. I don't know if it will be absolutely necessary, but they asked for them last time we talked to them on the phone.

Thanks!

We miss you!

Feel free to delete this comment :)