Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Aggressive Rhubarb

More from Two Years a Papa...

Lately Julia is spending about 13 hours a day at school working on her exam questions while Ari and I hangout at home. I'd like take Ari out to explore the wide-world of Columbus, but we've just been plagued with all manner of bad weather.
Last week it rained nearly non-stop and over the weekend we had arctic winds that blew so hard our screen door was destroyed by them. Today, freezing sleet and icy rain.

One way that Ari and I have entertained ourselves is sword fighting. Ari's weapon of choice is the dowel from inside her mama's rolling pin. She does a very good job of making sure that I'm armed before she takes her fightin' stance and starts shouting "Ah gotya!"

Yesterday she prompted me into a dual, but when I looked at her, not only was she holding her "sword" in one hand, but she had also attached two big foam swords to her feet. She cracks me up sometimes.

No comments: