Monday, February 25, 2008

No more Scots, please. One is enough.

Who'da thunk it? More Two Years a Papa...

I really like having fresh baked bread. It was something I always enjoyed (and still appreciate) at my parents' house. Lately, I've been trying to perfect my own home recipe from the Fanny Farmer cookbook. My first two attempts came out denser than I would like (a regular problem with my yeasty baking), but over all okay.
*Huh, evidently Blogger doesn't recognize "okay" as a word. "OK" is okay though.*
Back to bread- I was looking forward to trying a variant tonight. It involved minced garlic, basil, and a whole cup of parmesan cheese, which I had to especially purchase. It would have gone great with the pizza we were having. Unfortunately, I got so caught up in the Unhallowed Metropolis game (we were attacked by ghouls right away!) that I totally forgot the loaves of bread until they were thoroughly burned.
:-(
UnMet was lots of fun though. Julia took her one big break from working to come play. We even did a little photo session beforehand.Travis didn't dress up so he got to be the photographer. Actually, I didn't dress up either, this is basically how I dress these days; although not always in so much sepia. If I had realized we'd be doing a little photo shoot I'd have worn the spiffy vest and hat that I got for my birthday.

It was very nice to have people over. Ari and I hadn't had any real interaction with others since the playgroup that we went to on Tuesday. Ari was so very sad when her mama had to leave again. The last slice of pizza was barely enough to consul her.

Speaking of Ari, I haven't forgotten that she is the star of this blog. Here she is wearing a silly thing on her head and trying to get in on the gaming.

Tomorrow we have another gaming night and then Julia will be back on Thursday.
For her birthday back in August Theresa gave Julia a certificate for a free message. Julia never used it and it hasn't expired yet so we figure that will be a nice thing for her to do as soon as she turns in her exams.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If, by "get in on the gaming" you mean Ari was standing on a chair trying (and succeeding) to pirate yogurt-covered pretzels, then you are correct.

Julia said...

Maybe, but it *looks* like she has her own character sheet and that she's reaching for some dice or something.

Anonymous said...

"okay" > "OK"