Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Brave and the Bold

Is it *STILL* Two Years a Papa?...

*Sigh* it is indeed. Julia was hoping to be done by now, but is still feverishly plugging away.
We tried to go over and give her a pep-up last night, but it was slushing so bad and the tires on our car are so worn that it felt unsafe to drive so I brought Ari home. Today we went and brought her hugs and junk food to cheer her up. Our favorite wings place (Zaxbys) is opening a location near our house, but they're not open yet so she had to settle for fries and a burger.

Now, presenting:
Ariadne Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Toybox!

Its true that they grow up so fast...
Today Ari was reading with me and repeated the whole phrase "Eeek! Its a mouse!" She's been getting quite verbal lately and is more and more able to make herself understood.
She's also been acting like a teenager! She'll contentedly spend over an hour hanging out in her room and has even pushed me out of the room and shut the door in my face!
Although she does tend to giggle like mad if I open the door and come in growling like a monster. We'll see if she still likes that ten years from now.

In other silly Ari news...
We have a box of things that we're collecting to send to Theresa, mostly books and the like, but I also put in one of those Cadbury Creme eggs. I'm not very fond of them myself, but Theresa seems to like them. Sometime when I wasn't looking though Ari swiped the candy from the box, brought it up to her room, and unwrapped it. When I went to check on her the chocolate egg was sitting unmolested on a chair while she happily gnawed on the wrapper.
I took the wrapper away and split her ill-gotten gains with her.

It is tough taking on the roll of a single parent, even briefly, but no matter how big the shoes are that I've got to fill Ari is willing to help...

I need to wrap this up as it is late and Ari and I have gotten into the bad habit of sleeping-in. It's just awfully hard to get up when you've got a snuggly little two year old in the bed. Especially one who likes to play peek-a-boo with the covers.

No comments: