Saturday, November 11, 2006

Tell me when you go to bed

Here's a picture of me and Ari from last night- NWAV is going on right now, and we went over to the reception on the opening night. We mostly failed to chat with other linguists, because I suck at the whole shmoozy thing we academics are supposed to do at conferences.

Anyway, I call this my Amazing Velcro baby trick. No hands!

We've had a pretty busy day today; I did four loads of laundry and cleaned the bedroom. Then, we went over to the playground, and Ari ran around like a little maniac. Forget walking across a room- my baby walked across a whole basketball court! She had great fun on the swings. Oh, and she went down the slide a few times. She was such a little pro at the slides- she climbed right up there, and even swung herself 'round to a sitting position before she pushed herself off!

This picture is from this morning, when Ari found my socks on the ground, and demanded me to put them on her. :D She seemed to think they were quite stylish.

After the playground, we came back home and found out that Grandma Colleen had sent us some new books! Ari enjoyed them a great deal- in fact, at bedtime, she insisted that I read the Mother Goose one over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Tonight was a Shaintar night, so Ari and I went and had movie and pizza at another mom's house, which was nice. And I'm told that Thad's ogre adequately killed things (or at least held even with them until the archers could shoot them in the head).

No comments: