Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving

Well, the Papkes have left, and I finally have a chance to slow down and write, and post a couple pictures. Tomorrow, I'm going to work desperately on school work; today, though, I'm going to write this and then go to bed early (before midnight!) and catch up on my sleep.

This is a picture of several of us sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner. The Papkes were there, of course, and Ila. Angelo didn't make it this year, but Jaime and Kelly came. The dinner turned out awesome, and our fridge is still stocked to the gills with delicious leftovers. I have no intention to cook for the next several days.

It was a lovely visit altogether, with the Papkes, and I decided to make it a no-work vacation for me (god knows, I needed one), so that was good for me. Ari had great fun with all her relatives there paying attention to her. She got them to read to her and play with her. Oh, and the weather's been crazy warm (for Ohio in November, anyhow) so we've been out to the park every day.

This is Ari having her first Thanksgiving. She didn't actually eat all that much; I offered her different things, but all she wanted was bread. I keep trying to remind myself that she's getting everything she needs, but boy is my child a carb junky.

So. Tired. Going to bed now; will write more and post more pics tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand the tired part. We drove from Macon, Georgia to Trenton, FL to Tampa, FL...bleh! The only good thing about it was that I didn't have to do the driving.

So tired...but we have to stay awake because the kids are coming home this afternoon.