Sunday, November 19, 2006

Poozer

I have a strong suspicion that we're going to be seeing alot of this particular facial expression in the future... I wonder, is this her way of blocking out the flash? Anyway, I thought I'd take a picture of her in her pretty outfit, as we were heading out the door for our enormous shopping trip. I have no idea what the red down her front is; I've been trying to figure that out all day. I found it all around her mouth but was unable to locate a source.

We have a turkey in hand now. Or, more properly, in fridge. I'm not entirely certain how Thad managed to fit everything (even a flat of IBC!) into the fridge, but I'm a little afraid to open the door.

Ari and I spent most of the day together while papa slept. It was cold but not over wet (at least until later, when little bits of ice started falling inexplicably from the sky) so we went over to the playground which is conveniently located across the street. She ran around like a crazy girl, and even went down the somewhat taller slides.

One of the things we bought out on our shopping trip was frames for the art we got at Con on the Cob. That's "Vengeance", "L'illusion du libre arbitre" and "Vision de la Nécessitée" from Nigel (going clockwise from the top). The little one off to the side is a low-res printout of "Toucanacondor Flaminguez", the character Thad played in Andy's Low Life game at the Con. We'll get some actual prints from Andy one of these days... I love his monsters.

"Vengeance" we got because... well, I mean, we'd have to, wouldn't we? The other two, I splurged on because I liked them, and they're a matched set. Nigel gave us a little bit of a break on them, too, which was sweet.

Oh, which reminds me- Nigel's about done with the design for Thad's tattoo... it looks really, really cool.

Well, I'm off to do some token grading and then hie me to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Thad getting a tatoo? More importantly, why is Thad getting a tatoo?!!!!!

Julia said...

'Cause he wants to, I suppose... Actually, I just asked him, and he said (And I quote) "'Cause I... want to?"

I told him if he was going to put needle to skin in a permanent fashion, we might as well do it right. We commissioned Nigel to do the design (It's a stylized Aegishjalmur- Icelandic protection rune) and I've been asking around about good tattoo artists. Nigel will probably get us the final design sometime soon, and then it'll be off to the tattoo artist to get it put on.