Friday, June 16, 2006

Better than beef stew

I spent more time away from Ari today than I wanted. :(

I spent the afternoon working on my handout- but I didn't finish. Thad watched her while I was working. Then I went shopping with Angelo and Brooke. Brooke drove us around, which was really nice because we had WAY too much stuff to have transported it in a normal car vehicle. We even had to get one of them flatbed carts. Did you know that they have six wheels, and it's designed to only have some of them in use at anyone time depending on where you have the weight distributed?

Anyway, it took us more than four hours to get everything bought and stowed and all, and I was away from my baby all that time. I had been planning to go to an event alone tonight, but I decided to take Ari after all, because I was tired of being apart from her. Thad was really sweet, though, and (despite having had her all day) offered to keep her for the evening so I could have some fun time alone.

Oh, another fun thing I just realized I forgot to mention is that our car died yesterday. As I was coming off the highway and driving home on 5th, I noticed some significant loss of pressure in my brakes. I had to have the pedal near to the floor to get brake action. Since we were planning on getting rid of it anyhow, that's it.

* * * *

Those stars stand for me getting up in the middle of writing and going to nurse the girl back down. Can I just say that I love getting to be the one to comfort her in the night? Having her little body all cuddled up against me, totally trusting me to take care of her- it's the best thing ever. I love the way my baby smells and I love the way she lays her little hand up on my chest while she's falling asleep.

Thad's off to his orientation for the new job in the morning, and it looks like his family won't be coming out this weekend after all. :(

No comments: