Thursday, June 01, 2006

Hoorah for magic grease

Check out this rare, rare sight! Ari actually asleep. In her crib. I can count on one hand the times that's happened. Not that it's a goal or anything, mind- it's just remarkable.

She actually slept there for about 45 minutes after she fell asleep nursing in my lap this morning. She was out and I was able to just lay her in there and she was happy. Alas, I had to wake her up so I could go to class. :(

Today was totally my last day of class, and we even finished early. Ari passed out again on the way home, and got a reasonably decent afternoon nap. I'm up later than I should be again, baking a cake for a party tomorrow. The only time I get to myself these days is after she's gone to bed- it's far too seductive to stay up late getting things done.

Ari herself seems to know when I ought to be in bed. She always calls me about midnight thirty (you'll note, I've fudged the time on this log again to make it be the right day). If I were just ready for bed, I could nurse us both happily to sleep. But no- I have to get back up and "finish doing things" and get ready for bed... silly me. I should listen to my baby.

No comments: