Saturday, June 03, 2006

Freakin' porkchop, man.

Check out my little girl and her squashes! She totally mushed squash around on her tray for like, 20 minutes today. She did have a few seeds on her face, so it's possible that some of it actually got into her mouth. Who knows? Note also the sweet bib that Grandma Colleen made for her. Those bibs are getting use now, at last.

As a tangent, I initially typed out "Grandma Porter" rather than "Grandma Colleen" just now. I think I asked at some point what she wanted to be called, and mom said "Grandma Porter", but I just couldn't bring myself to call her that. I mean, I know who Grandma Porter is! She's the woman who taught me to sew and made me prunes when I was a girl and made me beautiful, frilly dresses that I loved. I guess it's just weird for me to call my mom by a name that feels like it's already taken.

This is Ari cuddling the book she carried down from upstairs. I thought it was so adorable that I made Thad take a picture. :)

We had an okay day today. Thad went to his heroclix tournament. I failed to go to work and get stuff done (for those watching at home- I have a whole draft of my ECIEC handout that I promised to Brian by Wednesday, and I have yet to start it!) and we went shopping. Since our car is way too sick to trust to highway driving and a Sam's Club/Walmart amount of food, we got Rick, Brooke and John to drive us out there in the van. Since none of them had any shopping to do, it was really sweet of them to accompany us on our 3-hour journey.

Not only did we get food, but we also got a whole bunch of bins and drawers. Our bathroom seems like a whole new place, and we finally got rid of the Munchkin boxes that we've been storing our office supplies and Miscellaneous Stuff in. Oh, and now we have a toy bin for upstairs. Since upstairs is the babyproof zone, it's good to have a place to put Ari's toys. Now, if we can just get internet up there, we can all hang out there and be happy!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I have "... a three-hour tour" running thru my head. Would John be Gilligan?