Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sunburned shoulderblades and a sore neck


We had a lazy Sunday today. Thad stayed up 'till four, and his family presumably got off sometime thereafter. I don't know if they got in yet, but I can only assume that we'd've heard something if they didn't.

Thad slept in, and Ari had two naps today, so that was nice. We basically just hung out and played games together, the two of us, most of the day. We cleaned up a little (although the house was just fine, really). When Brooke got off at five, we all went over to Comfest and had a nice little picnic. We hung out and played games and ate and wrangled a very crawly baby until we had to leave to get Thad to work.

I felt kind of bad, because Ari kept getting into stuff and onto people without me noticing. She moves so fast these days, and it just makes me tired trying to haul her off of things every five minutes. Even in our most baby-proofed rooms, she'll find the one thing we couldn't proof and will choose to always play with that, no matter what!

On an unrelated note, Ari's been displaying... I don't know what. Not stranger anxiety. But lately, she gets really upset when someone leaves her. It doesn't matter if it's me leaving, or Thad leaving, or if someone's with her when we go, or if it's somebody who just showed up. For example, yesterday, Maryanne walked through the room we were in on her way upstairs. As soon as she started up the stairs, Ari just started bawling. I know it was because of Maryanne leaving, too, because she had watched Maryanne come in and was watching her leave.

It makes it hard for me to leave in the morning when I need to. :( I can't just walk away from her when she sobs all heartfelt like that.

No comments: