Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Living in an alternate reality

Wow, today was a rough day.

It started okay. Thad went to work, Ari and I went to school. I had a meeting with Brian, and Ari was mostly pretty good during it. Wiggly, and wanting to explore (and eat Brian's papers) but reasonably happy and letting me talk. A kind of cool thing is that I was awarded the Linguistics department's award for teaching excellence for a 200-level course. I really do work hard at my teaching, so it's nice to be recognized- plus, it comes with some not insignificant quantity of money. The money is nice, too.

After the party deal where I got awarded, I needed to talk to Brian again (about ECIEC stuff), and that's when the day started to go south. Ari got to being tired, so I cut the meeting short and left to go home. It was raining, and I just missed the bus, so we had to wait around for the next one. She passed out while I was waiting, and I was hoping that I could get her straight into bed from there. Unfortunately, the rain woke her up as I got off the bus, and I couldn't get her back down again.

That touched off four hours of desperately tired, inconsolable (unconsolable?) sobbing, followed by a walk with papa, followed by a too-short nap, followed by a fussy evening that finally ended in sleep just a little while ago.

And me with too much grading to do on top. :P I'm going to go take drugs for my poor head, and try to sleep.

No comments: