Monday, June 05, 2006

If that looking-glass gets broke


Here I am, back from the nursing-induced drugged stupor that overtook me as I was getting my baby to sleep. This was, I might add, an arduous task. The little bit just refused to go to sleep for hours. And this despite being so tired that she was falling around like a little drunk baby. She was still good-tempered (as usual!) but just... not sleepy.

Alas, since Thad and I both rely on post-baby-bedtime free time to get our before bed stuff done (including, I might add, writing in this journal), that means mama and papa are goin' to bed late!

Again!

Anyway, today we Got Stuff Done. Thad didn't end up getting a job, so I tried to get work done and he went and applied for jobs. The job-applying went about as well as expected; Thad will call them later and try to follow up.

I actually got some substantial work done today. Which is good, because I'm supposed to have a fair done draft to show Brian on Wednesday, and I'm... well, let us say that I'm not there at the moment. I'm not sure how good a draft I'll have on Wednesday, but at least I'll have pretty significant progress to show. I need to go into work tomorrow and do a whole bunch of stuff.

Besides working frantically on my stuff for ECIEC and also taking care of Ari (when Thad wasn't watching her so I could work) I
  • didn't clean up my house
  • did actually make a whole dinner
  • did some car shopping
We've got a lead on a new car for ourselves. It's in the upper range of our price range, but much shwanker than we are used to. This is not necessarily a good thing, as the car we looked at tonight (we'll look at another one tomorrow) is all full of automatic locks and windows and computer dials. Call me a Luddite, but I'm deeply distrustful of these things. I think it's because I drive used cars that are usually around 100k miles and 10 years old when I get them... computery stuff tends to go funny in that time.

Check out my little girl! She's wearing a shirt I bought for her birthday from Granola Threads. It's a 12 month, and you can see it's a little big on her. If you're curious, it says "BREASTMILK: It's what's for Dinner. And Breakfast and Lunch and whenever else I want it!"

It kinda fits her now, though, so I'll let her wear it. That way she can wear it as long as possible.

No comments: