Saturday, June 17, 2006

Bizarro Mario

We had a pretty stay-at-home day today- which is unsurprising, given our LACK OF CAR. *sigh*

I've put some more feelers out about cars, and we may rent a car some next week (if only to do what needs done for ECIEC). Hopefully, this will all be resolved soon. At least Thad's job is in biking distance, so that's not something we have to worry about.

He had his orientation today, but he doesn't start till Monday night. We won't know what his schedule will be until then, either.

Ari took a pretty good nap today, but she had a really hard time getting to sleep at night. She went down originally at 9:00 (right on time!) but she kept waking up. She didn't want to nurse, and she'd whimper herself back to sleep in my arms.

I could tell that her teeth were hurting her, and she finally got to the point where she didn't seem like she was going to be able to get back to sleep. She was crying and so tired. I finally got Thad to run get the teething tablets, and I gave her some. It was pretty dramatic! She went from seeming like she was going to just wake up right then, to falling peacefully asleep in my arms. To be honest with you, it kinda freaked me out.

The tabs (as you'll note if you click on the link) are homeopathic. Now, I usually think homeopathics are either a) a big crock or b) scary underregulated drugs. I only got the teething tabs because many moms I know and respect recommended them, and boy howdy, do they work! At least my baby girl is asleep and not in pain. But it does concern me that they might be in the "b" category...

No comments: