Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Mamas and papas should love their babies

I'm gonna try to keep this quick, and go to bed soon and at a reasonable hour. I had a fairly good day today, but I feel kinda bad for Thad. I hear his day sucked. The girl didn't nap, and he spent most of this hot, summery day trying to walk a sad baby down. She was fussy for him alot, probably because of being tired and having a hurty mouth.

Anyway, today was my last full day of school. I have one last Bob tomorrow, and then that's it. Or, rather, then I work like crazy to get my ECIEC handout finished before I have to grade my students' finals and jump both feet into the summer. :P It sucks, 'cause I'm really ready for a break, but I really don't get one until mid-July. Plus, even then I'll be needing to work on a paper and develop the courses I'm teaching next year. Despite not being officially funded by the department.

Well, I could grumble on, but I think I'll take a moment to talk about the baby girl. Some of the things on the list I wrote a while back have changed, in only three weeks! So, here's the revised list:
  • regularly trying food, not really taking much in
  • one little nubbin tooth
  • crawling like a little maniac
  • obsessed with the tv remotes and the diaper cream tube
  • able to stand now for several seconds (by which, I mean up to fifteen) on her own!
  • walking with the use of a rail (like around the edge of the crib)
  • can climb all the way up the stairs, and is working on learning how to crawl down again

She also remains super cuddly. I love that I'm the lucky person who gets to snuggle her on a regular basis- not even Thad gets that, so I must be special.

P.S. Thad is handsome. And awesome, like a pirate and a ninja and a viking all rolled into one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, Thad's a cutie patootie, we all know that :)

Anonymous said...

yeah, Thad's a cutie patootie, we all know that :)