Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Ice cream on the couch, and rice on the chair

Today was another work day, but at least the home time was quiet. I am glad that we could be there for R&B during their recent travails, but I am also very glad to have some alone time now. As a rampaging introvert, that alone time is vital.

Today was a work day, so nothing much interesting happened- except for a highly unpleasant conversation with ANOTHER student (I've had several this quarter) that I am reporting for cheating- the subject of yesterday's PSA, if you were wondering. He kept trying to get me to not report him to COAM, but I just kept telling him that I had to do it, I had no choice (which is true). It dragged on forever, and I just felt drained afterwards. I only was able to pump maybe seven ounces today, and I think it was because of my being so tense coming off of that stupid cheater conversation.

Ari is my sweaty-headed little sweety pie. She went to bed pretty early tonight and has only woken up a few times since. I'm going to try to get to bed early, too, because zombie-hood is starting to set in.

Things going on with Ari:
  • still not eating
  • still no teeth
  • crawling like a little maniac
  • obsessed with the phone card and the diaper cream tube
  • able to stand now for several seconds (by which, I mean up to four) on her own!
  • walking with the use of a rail (like around the edge of the crib)
  • pulling herself up/climbing on everything
We went out and bought gates this last weekend, and now our kitchen is gated off- which is good, because it is just not safe for her on MANY levels, and she was starting to try to get in there. We still need to install the gates for the bedroom and the stairs, though.

Oh, and we also had to take our bed off the frame. Thad is way bummed, and to a lesser extent, I am too. But Ari has had a major scary fall off the bed twice now, and that was enough for us. I figure we'll go back on the frame once she gets old enough to learn to get down safely!

No comments: