Monday, May 01, 2006

Eight months a baby


Well, that weekend went by quickly. I really haven't had a chance to sit down at the computer and write at all. The Marcus was here, and you know how it goes when you have a guest- it feels like a waste (and a little rude) to just hang out on the computer when there's someone to play pinochle with.

All these pictures are from the Viking Festival on Saturday- I would put up a picture of Ari with her Grandpa, except I don't have any! :( The suckiness of us not being picture-takin' people strikes again.

Anyway, we had Good Times at ye olde festival. It was a little thing, with not that many vendors. The vendors were nice, though, and there was a cool viking boat in the middle of it. It was held in the town park in this wee little town south of Columbus, and it seemed like kind of a cool community event. In the evening, we went out for Indian food. It was a really lovely dinner outside in the evening. I had lamb vindaloo, and it was delicious.

After Indian food, we went over to Rick's birthday party, bringing his present and naan from the Indian restaurant. Marcus proceeded to totally hang out with our friends, which was impressively cool. :)

Then, yesterday, I spent a few hours working while Thad and Marcus went to the North Market with my little bit. In the evening people came over and had Thad pizza, and drank liberal quantities of scotch and white wine.

So, as you can see, I've had quite the weekend. I ended up having to stay up till 1 in the morning yesterday to finish grading, as well. Anyway, all this to say that I have good reasons for not writing.

My little bean was super sweet through all of this, too, I must add. She nearly always is. :D

Oh, and Saturday was her 8 months birthday. She's getting so big!

No comments: