Thursday, May 11, 2006

I'm not *that* skinny

Check out little miss talking to Grandpa!

Today was just another Thursday. I had less than stellar bus-catching, so I was a whole 15 minutes late to my class (instead of 5 minutes as it should have been), and I spent far too much time hanging out in the rainy cold in my short-sleeved t-shirt. I felt like kind of a bad mommy, because I didn't bring a coat or a blanket or an umbrella or anything, and it was damp and pretty chilly. I guess Ari was fine, though- she was wrapped in the mei tai, and she had her dinosaur hat to keep the rain off.

Ari was super-cute on the bus rides. She just spent the whole time smiling at strangers (as is her wont) and babbling and cuddling me. She didn't pass out on the way home, though, so she totally missed her afternoon nap, which screwed up her going to bed time. :P

I made a pretty good dinner (a fairly easy Chicken Cordon Bleu, with Munster instead of Swiss) and Jaime came over to do clixes with Thad. They just got went in together to buy these giant clixes, so they wanted to try out new teams with them in. In the meantime, I actually made progress on cleaning up the dining room- good since, apparently, Mr. Hall is going to be bringing some people over here tomorrow.

Ari did a couple of exciting things today: first, she figured out how to crawl down off the mattress without face-planting. And also, she figured out how to pull the caps off pens. Poor girl! No more playing with pens for her. She'll be crushed.

No comments: