Saturday, May 20, 2006

I got me some pineapple

This is a picture of my baby's first bruise. It's kinda funny- I've been feeling horrible about it all day, but it's so subtle in the pictures I took that I had to draw an arrow or you'd probably never be able to tell. Poor thing- she wonked her head on a table leg last night.

We had a very outdoors day today, and I didn't get nearly enough work done. I never seem to, alas. We accidentally slept in, the three of us. Or, I should say, Ari woke up at an obscene hour of the morning, Thad got up with her, after 45 minutes, they came back to bed, and then we accidentally slept in, the three of us. ;) This meant that Thad missed his tourney, and I missed the LLL meeting I meant to go to. Instead, we went and had breakfast all together at the Wildflower cafe.

After breakfast- and mind you, it was nearly noon at this point- we went over to a barbecue for socio-minded people in my department. There was much chatting and hanging around outside in the fine weather. Ari tried tandoori-flavored bell pepper, and seemed to much enjoy munching on the piece we gave her. After barbecue, we hijacked Angelo and took him to the Whole Foods with us.

After Whole Foods, we came home, and I tried (and mostly failed) to get some work done. I just couldn't focus. I did do some important thinking and outlining and rereading of my morphology presentation, but that was about it.

At that point, we went over to R&B's and had fancy mac n'cheese with smoked gouda in it, organic cauliflower, and freshly killed roasted rabbit. By freshly killed, I mean they had the pelt drying out back, and I actually fished out a piece of shot from the meat. It was all quite tasty. We hung out on their front lawn most of the time, and Ari had a total blast crawling around on the grass.

After that, we came home and the girl passed straight out. I should have gotten stuff done then, but just didn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember, we're here for you anytime you want to not get stuff done! :P ~Brooke