Saturday, May 13, 2006

My little jailbird

I didn't get nearly as much schoolwork done (read: any schoolwork done) as I needed to today. Where in the hell did the day go? I spent the morning to the afternoon having breakfast, and then picking up a table and then taking care of the girl. Thad got home, and we ended up hanging out with Jaime for the rest of the evening, I guess. I didn't mean it to end up like that; I really did mean to go in and work. It's kind of bad, because that means I need to work tomorrow- and I've already promised to be at Ila's for dinner, and, what with it being Mother's Day, talk to my family on the video chat in the afternoon.

This isn't a minor needing to work I need to do, either. It's a whole presentation that I have to work up, by Wednesday, on a subject I have basically not yet begun to research. God, I hope the reference materials are available.

Anyway, I thought I'd put up a picture of our current bedroom layout- Bedroom Mk. III. We've taken the bed off the frame, is the big change. I'm debating getting rid of the bedside table- I need somewhere to keep my crosswords, is the issue. You'll note that there's padding on both sides of the bed. Even though she can get herself purposefully off the bed safely most of the time (she faceplanted just this morning, though), she can still roll off unawares if she wakes up when we aren't in the bed. Hopefully, we'll be able to remove the padding on Thad's side at least soon.

We did get one productive thing done today, however: we installed the new baby gates. Our bedroom is now gated off, as well as the bottom of the stairs. I'm glad; her newfound mobility (and she is quite mobile now, do not mistake it) was making me paranoid that she might crawl out of the bedroom and fall down the stairs.

No comments: