Monday, September 25, 2006

Every other day

I'm feeling all weepy and what's the word? Verklempt. Because I just watched this documentary about these guys who fostered SIX kids that no one wanted, mostly HIV positive kids, and couldn't adopt them because Florida won't allow gays to adopt. In fact, one of their kids wasn't HIV-positive after all, and when they found out (he was like, 3 at the time) the state of Florida immediately said, "Oh, really? Well, then, now we want him! Since he's healthy, he clearly needs a mother and a father both (unlike before), and you homos won't do."

One of their kids died, and back in the day, the expert opinion was that all those kids were going to die in only a few years. I can't imagine what kind of people would have the strength to keep taking in those kids, knowing (mostly wrongly, thankfully) that they'd just lose them, but not wanting those kids to die just having lived in hospitals. The whole thing just makes me want to kick Jeb! Bush in the everlovin' teeth. With some of Rebecca's steel-toed boots.

Anyway, sorry. That's not the point of this blog, right? But this wouldn't have meant as much to me before I had a child. I wouldn't have really understood in the same way...

Whoo. Um. Yesterday was uneventful. Jaime came over, and played games with us. Thad worked last night.

Today was cool because I got to go work out! Brooke met me at the RPAC in between her classes, and watched Ari for me for a 1/2 hour while I went and weight trained. It felt good to be working out, and it meant alot to me to have Brooke take her for that small amount of time. We're to meet again on Wednesday for that purpose as well. :D

Tomorrow I teach, and tomorrow is more Pendragon!

1 comment:

Julia said...

I mostly want to kick him in the teeth, because he worked to prevent gay people from adopting... I got to see him making speeches about it and everything.

The state of DCF is a whole nother issue... :(

I'm just glad that those kids have a home, and people who love them.