Wednesday, September 20, 2006

An historic load of dishes

This is what I did last night, and this morning. I mentioned that we had a length of fabric that we'd used as an emergency sling? Well, the reason I had it is that some of the moms in my group got together to donate slings to some low-income moms. Several moms donated materials, and I mostly donated time (and those gold rings, those were mine). The fabric was donated by another mom- the blue was our emergency sling. Isn't it gorgeous fabric? It's hard to find good sling fabric, and those turned out beautifully. I made a new kind of shoulder, thinking that it would be nicer for moms with only one sling... I hope they see much use with little babies. :)

The last few days have been the suck here, though. I've been doing the lion's share of Ari care in the wake of Thad's horrific current schedule. To make things even worse than working two jobs might naturally be, the Target is ignoring Thad's availability request, so this is how the last while has gone:
  • Tuesday night: 8 hr shift, off at 8 AM
  • Wednesday day: 4 hr teaching, 1:00-5:00
  • Wednesday night: 8 hr shift, 9:30-8 AM
And then tomorrow, he has to watch the girl from 9 to 6. Suck. Fortunately, Thursday is a night off, so he can sleep and sleep and sleep, before he has to go back in to work on Friday day, and all weekend nights.

I start classes again tomorrow, and I haven't even been able to think about getting my stuff packed. Ari's been in a Mood today; very very grumpy. Maybe she's teething?

We biked up to the store today; I think I won't bother with the trailer for short distances when I'm on my own in future. It's too hard to wrangle the baby and the trailer alone. It's still totally worth it for longer distances, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

poor Thad...I hope they give him a break soon.