Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Starting to breathe

Not much to write about today; school still looms. I've spent half-days at work the last two days trying to work on it.

Ari has gotten in a habit of waiting to nap until 5:30 or 6:00... this sucks, and I'm not sure how to discourage it. I think that her terrible napping is inherited from me, perhaps. As I think about it, I always remember not napping during the day, even as a very young child. I've always had trouble falling asleep for naps, and even when I do nap, I usually have nap hangover afterwards (a term which I've just introduced to the Urban Dictionary). Ari also acts pretty groggy when she wakes up for naps- and grumpy! Hoo boy!

The new organic grocery store 6 blocks away finally opened. Ari and I went over there today, and it was pretty awesome. They have really great prices on produce at the moment (grand opening prices only, I'm sure).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that DragonCon wasn't what you expected it to be like. It wasn't very good for me either on many levels. I got to see some of my friends act in ways I did not like and I got to see people totally disregard our attempts to be nice by doing fondue, a venture that cost us over $100.00. It taught me that some people who I thought were friends weren't my friends at all. Plus, I will never share a room with Rick and Brooke again.

Anonymous said...

Not that I was perfect during Con. I totally admit I was part of the problem.

Julia said...

I hope that I'm not in the some people...

Mostly, we were just sad that we didn't get to see more of various people, especially you guys. :(

Anonymous said...

Actually, no, you are not among the people that I no longer consider to be the nicest of friends. YOU at least attempted to spend some time with us.