Saturday, September 23, 2006

Everything tastes more delicious

Happy Autumnal Equinox! I hope your day and your night were adequately of equal lengths. :D

We did not get any nice french pastries this morning. Instead, we got to sleep until 11:00- I considered this a fair trade. We cleaned the house some, and I ordered my textbooks (180$- shock! dismay!) and we went for a walk with the girl.

We got outside and suddenly discovered that today was a home game- there were hordes of scarlet-clad people roaming the streets. I hear there's been a new public awareness program, attempting to get Buckeye fans to stop doing things like, y'know, rioting... harassing people... assaulting people... burning stuff...

I hope it works. Did you know that nobody's allowed to have couches on their porches in this town, lest they be used for kindling in a riot? I'm not making that up.

Speaking of kindling... we went over to R&B's to celebrate the equinox. Here's Rick trying to light a fire with wet wood and dryer lint. A copy of the student newspaper later, the darn thing finally started burning!

We had a delicious dinner:
  • steak
  • organic butternut squash
  • apples, baked with butter and cinnamon and brown sugar
  • lasagna
  • warm challah bread
It felt very autumnal. In fact, the whole evening felt autumnal- it's been kind of cold this week, and today was no exception. It was grey and damp and chilly. Pretty soon, I'm going to have to break out with my tights, and my legs will never be bare (even under skirts) for the rest of the winter. :(

Ari enjoyed the baked apples, and the squash, and the challah bread, and the lasagna. :D

Thad went to work after we got hom, and then a scary thing happened- Ari fell down the steps again- but this time, she fell and hit the crate with her face, and she was bleeding! Alot, from her mouth. She got blood all on my dress. Five minutes later, she was smiling and giggling and going up the steps again, but I totally freaked about it.

I've always thought of myself as someone who stays levelheaded in such situations and who deals with what needs to be done, but so help me, I just started screaming "Oh, my god! Oh, my god!" when I saw all that blood. :(

I have glimpsed both her little teeth, so I think she just bit herself, or somethng. I think she's okay. But boy, was that scary.

No comments: