Saturday, September 09, 2006

Stale Turkish Delight

Check out my lovely new casserole, there! That's the casserole that Kathy gave me for my birthday. It's holding a tasty shrimp-dill-artichoke-tomato sauce, topped with delicious and melty gruyere, alongside lightly steamed broccoli and some orzo.

Last night's dinner kicked ass. :)

This night we had beef stew with noodles, biscuits, and spaghetti squash. It was fairly tasty, and I love my own biscuits, so that was good.

You know, there's something just really right about loving a food that much and also being able to make it myself. It's like, if I had enough butter and flour, I could somehow reach a state of perfect Biscuit Nirvana- a perpetual state of Perfect Biscuitude.

Anyway, biscuits aside, here's Ari showing how much she likes that orzo dish. How many babies get to eat gruyere and artichokes, I ask you? She loved it last night, and she loved it again (as pictured) when I gave her leftovers for lunch. She was all grins and munched up a whole pile of orzo and sauce and accompanying veggies.

I'm regularly doing lunches with her lately, and it's turning out great. I get to eat lunch more often, and she seems to really like the whole meal sized things. I don't worry much (or pay attention much) to how much she eats, so they're pretty much stress free meals as well. I just put a pile of things on her tray and let her eat or play or whatever.

As for the rest of us, we're still decompressing from D*Con. We're still not totally unpacked, but it's progressing slowly. Thad's been working like crazy, but gets two days off now (his last two in a row for weeks). Target, predictably, started scheduling him for bunches of hours as soon as we didn't need them to.

Ah, well. Even if he can only stand working there a few weeks more, it's still extra money, which we could dearly use.

No comments: