Friday, September 15, 2006

For a dollar

We had kind of an exciting day today! It was Thad's first day back subbing, so he was up and headed out early. Ari and I were actually awake before he left, so we all got started on the day by 8:00.

I've been trying to acclimate Ari to her bike helmet, and this was me trying to fit it on her head. As you can see, she did not approve. I took this picture for posterity and then took it off her. I can see her connecting that mama's helmet and her helmet are two of a kind, though, and she was more willing to at least think about wearing it after she saw me put mine on.

We had a good morning, and Ari actually took a nap in the early afternoon- she hasn't had a decent nap in the day for nearly a week now. :P

Anyway, I was glad that I had taken the time to fit her helmet on, because guess what appeared on my front porch? It had been backordered for about a month, and I was going to email the guy I bought it from today to ask about it. Huzzah, though, I didn't need to!

It was every bit as nice as promised. I'm really pleased with the purchase. Thanks, Eliza and Phil for the recommendation, and thanks Grandparents Porter for the gift! :D

Highlights: Unlike the ill-fated Schwinn trailer, this actually was easy to put up and take down. I was, in fact, able to do so without even looking at the instructions- it was that obvious. The seats are nicely padded, and Ari could just sit in them. Plus, they have a proper harness with buckles! I was able to set it all the way up, and get my baby in it, by myself in a minimal amount of time, with very little reference to the instructions- which was good, because I'm pretty certain that the instructions included weren't for our actual trailer...

Here is Ari, doing the eater-baby thing again. She's really taken off with solids- she's eating three whole meals a day (plus snacks) if you give her the chance, these days. And she's more than a beggar- she demands that people share their food with her, and sobs and tantrums a little if you don't, or if the food gets all eaten.

This is what she ate yesterday (that I can remember!):
  1. bits of eggs
  2. english muffin pieces
  3. yogurt
  4. peaches
  5. broccoli
  6. spaghetti noodles
  7. sourdough bread (dipped in milky broth)
  8. aged cheddar cheese
  9. plums (delicious organic ones, actually)
  10. artichoke dip (w/ more aged cheddar and some edam)
  11. edam cheese
  12. ziti noodles w/tomato sauce
  13. more broccoli, steamed this time instead of boiled
And that's only what I can remember; god knows what else she actually ate. And she actually ate all those things, too- she didn't just mush them around or play with them. She particularly liked the artichoke dip, I might add.

No comments: