Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Not to mention names, or anything

Guess whose baby is sweetly napping? Mine is! I fed her tuna fish and plums, and then I bathed her, and now she's asleep in her monkey bed upstairs. It was the first time I made her lunch- that is, the first time I made a whole meal specially for her (although I ate much of it myself, of course). Then, afterwards, (because she made a horrible mess) I took her upstairs, and she had her first ever bath in the big bathtub without mama being in there with her. I was sitting next to the tub, but I didn't actually get in. Exciting times. Now, for some catchup:

Ari's birthday

We had a nice, quiet party for Ari's birthday. We invited just a few people (people Ari likes, especially) and had food. We had bunches of fruit (big platters!) and also some barbecue pork. I made Ari a little scrapbook of pictures- which still needs finished- and asked people to write in it for her birthday. I think she'll like that when she's a little older.

She ate some fruit, and was generally excited to have all these people in her house to play with. She totally didn't get the concept of opening presents, of course, but we kinda "helped" her a little opening the paper, and let her grab the present out from the inside. She got bunches of books (which she loves!) and a few neat toys.

Then, we had the birthday pie! Everybody sang to her (and here's a movie) and then we gave her a piece. Before we cut the pie, though, she totally poached some of those raspberries off of it. I was reflexively about to stop her, but I figured, she's allowed to poach off of her own birthday pie. :) She was a relatively neat eater of her pie, which was really cute. Very dignified.

After pie, the birthday girl was pretty tired, so I took her up for her nap, and we stayed and hung out with people.

No comments: