Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Can't stop thinking about it

Sorry, no cute baby pictures today. :) Ari spent the majority of the day either tied to me or in her carseat, which makes it hard to take pictures... I wore her for about four hours straight. Thank god for wraps! We went to lunch with a visiting faculty member and a bunch of other students, and then we went on an extended downtown excursion by bus.

Instead of baby pictures, you get a picture of our dinner. This is lemon pepper chicken, thin strips of crispy bacon, carmelized shallots and peas served with eggs noodles and an alfredo-style sauce made with two delicious Italian cheeses (with more cheese grated on top). Alongside it is a baby romaine salad with shredded parmesan cheese, pear chunks, shredded carrot and craisins, served with a vinaigrette. There is multigrain sourdough bread (product of Giant Eagle, not me) on the side. The pasta dish was really delicious, although I think in future, I might simply serve lightly steamed veggies on the side of it. The complex entree with the salad made the plate kinda busy, visually and also flavor-wise.

For dessert, I layered dark chocolate pudding (homemade) and apricot ice cream (ala Jeni) and topped it with whipped cream.

This is what I get for being hungry during lectures... I plan these kind of meals out.

Ahem. And in news y'all actually care about, Ari is getting a fourth tooth. :) She's in good spirits (right now) but is drooling alot.

P.S. Ari loved the dinner- she ate a whole plateful of noodles and peas. She also helped me pick out the cheese at the cheese counter. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's right, Julia...teach her from an early age that cheese is her friend...her yummy, tasty, so-good friend. :)