Monday, October 09, 2006

Rescue the princess

Well... it's been a rough several days. I've been doing nothing but trying desperately to get work done. I actually started writing this post last night, and was too tired and out of it to fit sentences together coherently, so I put it off to today.

This is a picture of Thad and Ari at Skully's, the place near our house with tasty, tasty curly fries. We went there with R&B because I was too busy to try to cook, and we were really hungry. The service was incredibly awful, and it deprived me of more than an hour and a half of work time. Grrr. (Argh?)

I have hopes for next week, though- Thad will be working his new, better schedule and I have fewer assignments due then. I have to keep telling myself it'll be better, or I'll go spare. :)

This is Ari, trying calamari for the first time. It came, and she insisted on trying it. I ended up having to chop it into swallowable chunks- she was perfectly happy to chew on it (for ages), but with her two and a half teeth, she couldn't make much progress. Silly girl.

We went up to campus today so I could chat about schoolwork with some fellow students, and she got to see the ducks again. Mostly, she just played in the leaves all over the South Oval. Oh, and she tried to climb up an enormous tree. ???

So, just so you understand what I'm dealing with, this is the list of everything that needed to be done this weekend:
  • Lecture for Tuesday
  • Lecture for Thursday
  • Homework for Phonology
  • Homework for Phonetics
  • Field Project Report for Phonetics
  • Prep for In-Class Lab for Phonetics
  • Grade massive stack of homeworks
This is the list of what still needs to be done:
  • Homework for Phonology (due tomorrow)
  • Field Project Report (due Thursday)
  • Grading (mayhap not gonna happen this week- sorry, my students)
Argh. Well, I'm off to write up that Phonology homework.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Julia, you can do it! I have faith in you :)