Thursday, October 05, 2006

A difference at last

This is totally not the picture I wanted to get. Ari was flouncing around all day in her cute skully shirt, with that cloud of golden curls around her head, grinning and smiling- and this is the only picture I managed to get. *sigh*

We got the skully at the Target- It was 3$ and I couldn't resist. It's incredibly cute on her. :D

On a sidenote- we went into the Target to look at Halloween decor. I'm planning a party, and they have kind of a cool Day of the Dead thing going on this year. Anyway, Ari got totally freaked out by the decorations. Who taught her to be scared of skeletons? It makes you wonder.

Last night, we had this incredible storm- it was raining so hard I couldn't see across the street, and there was walnut-sized hail (mostly marble sized, here) and bunches of lightning. Oh, plus tornado warnings, which meant the sirens were going. It was very apocalyptic-feeling.

We went into the basement, and one corner (a back one we don't use much) had water gushing into it- and, fortunately, straight into the conveniently placed drain that was right there. I just kinda looked at it and said "Um... okay. You keep doing that."

Thankfully, Thad got home from work right before the whole thing started- the streets were flooded, and hail+driving=suck.

Today, Ari used her elephant as a mighty steed. She and Thad had a lovely nap, so I hear. Speaking of sleeep, I'm off to bed early. I was up till 3 AM with a teething baby, and I'm hitting the end of my ability to function on no sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a cute shirt.