Saturday, October 07, 2006

The musky aroma of forbidden youth... and bacon!

Look at what I painted on my laptop case today! I didn't finish the bits off on the side... Ari woke up from her nap. :)

If you're wondering why I painted a lotus on my bag, it's a lotus because I'm a Sanskritist (loosely speaking), and I'm a linguist, and the lotus is pretty Indic. Also, there's a story where a goddess comes out of an enormous lotus and grants the gift of the Sanskrit language to a king- so it felt appropriate.

I got some work done today, although, not nearly as much as I might have liked. I spent the morning here and having breakfast at R&B's, and went to a studying at 4. More studying shall happen tomorrow- and it better be a mightiness of studying, 'cause I'm in trouble if it isn't. :P

So, I went to take this picture of Ari because I thought she looked super cute in her little jammies. As I snapped the picture, I suddenly realized, "Oh, crap! What does she have?" It was a little thrift store tag that was just hanging out on the floor. She's so good at finding anything I might have missed- cheerios, mummified bits of apple, STRAIGHT PINS... yeah.

Tomorrow, Ari and I are going over to the park if the weather's not sucky. There's likely to be some swings action. Whoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Busy,busy, busy bee :)

Ari is getting so big!