Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Snoring like my grandpa

Well, I worked today. I was half an hour late to class, which is always mortifying... Every time that happens (too often) I have to make myself go to class; part of me wants to just skip it rather than have to walk into class late again, and march all the way to the front of the room in front of everybody. I know probably nobody else cares (or halfway notices), but I hate being late. :(

I had delicious meatloaf leftovers in sandwich format for my lunch. I thought that meatloaf dish would make good cold slices on bread, and boy howdy, was I right!

Biggest thing for today, though, is that we finished the Pendragon campaign that we've been playing for a year. It was awesome. All the loose ends got tied up... and I do mean all- the knights had bit players from old stories (some going back to squiring) show up and demand satisfaction.

My character's sister was finally avenged (the plot of the story for 6 game years, a full real year), her son was returned to her, and she finally- after being twice widowed- found a decent husband who didn't die right off the bat. Sweet!

The knights all got dubbed Knights of the Round Table, by King Arthur himself (so awesome! *sniff*), and Broderick and Courtney were married at the same time. Broderick hied himself North to his lands above the wall (won in the Pictish wars), where he and his lady lived happily ever after with the grove of the Golden Rose. Axel (after doing a penance for some minor matters) settled happily into life with his lady. Ronan wandered the land for 6 more years mourning for Melangalia before finally settling down.

And we all lived happily ever after. :D

Sorry to go on about my character (so to speak), but it was really cool. I love it when a game ends well like that; particularly a game that we had so much time and great past gaming invested in.

No comments: