Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Baby talons

I had an okay day today. It involved a lot of shopping and less getting stuff done than I should have liked. I did finally make myself the necklace I've been meaning to make myself (as you can see). I've gotten really tired of the constant pinching the girl's been doing lately. Did I say pinching? I meant grabbing big handfuls of flesh in her razor-sharp baby pincers and bearing down.

Anyway, the hope is that she'll want to play with the necklace instead of trying to rip my offside nipple off. I used one of the beads Theo gave me for Christmas a few years back, even, plus leftovers from the beads I got for the Blessingway.

We went on our big shopping trip to the Sam's Club and Walmart today also, on account of there being NO food in the house. Like, none. It was pretty sad. We also went to the Container Store, up at Easton (which is an abomination on the face of the land, but does contain an Apple Store). As a result, we now have some spice racks and little bins which will hopefully destroy the small, localized chaos phenomena previously known as our kitchen counter and desktop.

Oh, and I skipped class today. :P Catherine (the woman who's watching Ari) emailed me the night before and said that one of her boys had some diarrhea, so I shouldn't bring her over. I feel like a lousy student, but what can I do, y'know?

No comments: