Sunday, April 09, 2006

It's a bat card!

I should be in bed; I really need more sleep than this. We started playing Fury of Dracula about 9:00 this evening. FoD is this game that we used to play with Pete back when we lived in Phoenix. It took us about 4 years to even figure out what the name was; we just remembered it was a really fun game. About, y'know, Dracula. Well, recently, Thad found out that the company that owned the rights to the game was re-releasing it in an updated version.

All excited, we finally bought the game off of E-Bay last month. Alas, Thad failed to notice that the last time he bought anything off E-Bay was the month when we were homeless and camping on his parents' couch, right before we moved here. All this to say, the game got shipped to Florida! At least his parents' address was the one in there, and not our old Vizcaya number. Which, I might add, probably no longer exists as they've ripped up and redone those apartments.

Anyway, we didn't get it until Theo brought it up with him, and we haven't had a chance to play it until tonight. It was a little different, but still had the same feel to the gameplay. I think the changes were largely for the better. It took a really long time to play, though, between me running upstairs to settle the baby (we put her down for bed at nine) and trying to figure out the rules. Hence the it-being-two-in-the-morning thing.

So, no sleep for me. I really will sit down tomorrow and write a proper report about Friday's well baby visit, and I promise to include a cute picture of my baby then. :) In the meantime, check it out- my baby's famous!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Phoenix... You know, to people who didn't know you before you moved to your current location, it sounds like you used to live in Arizona. I saw Theo and his father today; they were walking through the parking lot of the shopping center on the corner of Tower and Archer. I had to slow down to allow them to cross, that's how close I was to them, and they didn't notice me... In my bright yellow car...

Anonymous said...

Steven and I get 7 days off, starting on Wednesday, because the kids are on Spring Break. He mentioned that maybe we should come see you guys, but I figure that you have had enough guests and goings-on lately that you don't need two more people staying at your house.

Julia said...

:( I wish I could say, no! Come up! But I have stuff this weekend that I can't change. :(

We need more people staying at our house, though. If they're you. If I'd known sooner about when your break was, I'd'a made sure to keep it open in case...

Anonymous said...

Everything is up in the air. Our unit is down one set of cottage parents and 2 sets of assistant cottage parents. Plus, it's rumored that one set of cottage parents is leaving. I honestly didn't think that I would get time off, but somehow, they did it.

Don't worry about it. No offense, but I wanted to go to the beach during spring break, and Ohio has no beaches that I am aware of :)