Saturday, April 01, 2006

Taking a moment

I highly suspect this will be my only chance to write this evening. Thad is at the store, and has just picked his brother up from the airport (hopefully! I'm told if the handoff doesn't go well, they ship him straight back to Gainesville). We appear to be having an impromptu party/fish fry. R & B are at their house, picking up the aforementioned fish, but they'll be coming back in a bit. So, it'll be Rick, Brooke, John, us and maybe Jaime.

The girl is napping sweetly for the second!! time today. All by herself, with minimal support from me. When we started trying to get her to sleep alone, I had to bolt up there every few minutes and cuddle her back down. Now, she'll need me only once or twice in two hours. Or not at all! And even for that once or twice, I really only have to go in there for a moment now- I used to have to lie down with her for quite a long time before she'd settle.

I had a good time at the Blessingway last night. We took a belly cast of one of the women who's nearly due, and we made them necklaces (everyone brought a bead) for them to have with them in labor. The necklaces came out very nicely, I thought.

Anyway, I'm off to make bread for dinner and get my baby up. :)

No comments: