Friday, March 31, 2006

Land 'o goshen, it's my baby!

Today has been a real lie-around lazy day. This was largely precipitated by the fact that Ari woke up at 5:00 AM. Gah. The problem was, she was put to bed last night at 7:30, something that was recommended by one of these baby sleep books I read. Usually, I ignore expert advice like that, but we had already moved her bedtime up to 9:00-9:30 (from 11:00-midnight, mind) and had noticed a big improvement. So, I thought, perhaps these good folks aren't, as they say, blowing smoke entirely up their arses. As it turns out, of course, Ari was not quite ready to go to bed so early, and I had a happy shiny baby crawling on me in the dark of night going "Mama! Mama! Play play play play nurse! Pay attention to me mama! Mama!!!"*

Anyway, so I haven't been feeling like a high energy go-get-'em mama today. :) I did get a couple hours of nap with her in the morning, though, and she had a super 3:30-6:00 nap! She fell asleep nursing here at the computer, and then I laid her down in the bed upstairs, no fuss. She didn't wake up even once during her nap, which is cool. Usually, she'll start to squeak and I have to run upstairs and nurse her back down before she wakes up entirely.

I'm off this evening to a Blessingway for two of the (many!) pregnant mamas in my mom's group. I'm sure it will be very girly, and I'm looking forward to it. They always love to see Ari, and it's nice hanging out with other women with children- I get so used to having to apologize for my child drooling on people and grabbing at people and generally being a baby girl. With the other mamas, though, I don't have to worry. :D


_________
*Translated from the Baby. The original text went like this: "babababava whrrrrrr SCREECH bababa"

No comments: