Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Ah, sweet irony

I'm typing this left-handed in a desperate attempt to stay sane. Ari woke up a little over an hour ago and has been totally inconsolable. Yup- last night I couldn't sleep to save my life; tonight, I fall asleep no problems and I get woken up by a sobbing baby.

It's pretty unusual for her- I don't know if this is teething or residue from being sick or both, but she's NEVER woken up in the middle of the night sobbing. Had trouble getting to sleep, yes, but never really woken up in the middle.

Anyway, baby crying kinda makes you crazy after a while. I think it's supposed to make you crazy, so you respond and take care of your baby, but hearing it keep going... It's like a fire alarm that just won't turn off, and you're going "what? where? what? FIRE!?" for HOURS. After a while, you just feel fried and you want the noise to stop. So, it's helpful to have something else (like writing this) to focus on for a bit.

Oh, thank god. She finally passed out again in my lap. Poor little girl. I'll wait a few minutes to make sure, and then back to bed for us.

No comments: