Monday, March 27, 2006

Under the wire

So, today was my first day of school. I'm up now when I should be in bed with my sleeping monkeys.

It went okay, I guess. I got out on time. I had to run to get to Oxley before the Sanskrit class (9:30 AM) because I had to print out and copy stuff for my class, because I wasn't going to get time in between. The Sanskrit is one hour a week of reading Sanskrit- I love reading Sanskrit. Most dead languages, really. It's a bit like cracking a code. And there's a right answer that you just have to find, which is very satisfying.

My class was at 10:30, and it went fine. First day kinda stuff. This is the fifth time I've taught this particular course, so I kind of feel like I've got it down. My class went to 11:30 (short because of the first day thing), and then I hied my butt over to the hospital to use their pump room. The hospital is right across the street from Oxley, and it's very nice- curtained off pump stations, a sink, phones in the pump stations... It's also nice because it means I only have to cart around my collection kit, not the whole pump. Plus, I get to use hospital grade pumps, and those things are sweet!

Alas, when I got there, I discovered that when I asked Thad to pack my backpack this morning, he failed to pack my sterilized collection bits- the horns and the bits that screw into the bottles. So, I had to ride my bike home to pump. Thankfully, I had the extra time today. I did get to cuddle and nurse my girl that way (in addition to pumping) which was nice for both of us, since she still won't eat if I'm not there.

I had a seminar in the afternoon with Peter Trudgill, who's a visiting professor this term. It was really good- I'm very much looking forward to it. Tomorrow is my Morphology class, and a mom in my mom's group is coming to watch Ari.


I did have one nice bit of mail today- these came! I have been eyeing the velour angel monkey print diaper (and that's a pocket and everything!) for three months, and finally resolved to get it. 'Cause, y'know, Ari is my little angel monkey. It's hideously pink, but I love it. The sharks are for night time, and I think the horses are to make up for the hideous pink. :)

No comments: