Friday, March 24, 2006

Orangina with breakfast

Yesterday was a busy day! Ari and I hung out together; we even went on a walk to the post office. After Thad got home, I decided to have dinner and then take the girl out to the fabric store with me to give Thad a few hours to work on his book. I usually go out for a few hours on Sundays to let him have writing time, but he didn't get a chance with R & K here last weekend (which, again, was AWESOME!!) so I thought it might be nice for him.

Anyway, me and Brooke went out to the Jo-Ann's and the Whole Foods Market. I needed to get felt to make some puppets for a mama in my mom's group here- pictures probably forthcoming; I intend to go make puppets as soon as I'm done writing this. :) After shopping, us and R&B played Arkham Horror. We almost lost; it was very close.

Today, I had the best surprise- Ari and I woke up around 9:30, and who should bound in the door but Thad! I did a few double-takes (he was supposed to leave for work at 8:00!) and then he told me that he had canceled his job in order to stay home with me and Ari for the last day of my Spring Break, and would I like breakfast? :D

He made me a gruyere and ham omelet, with a toasted cream cheese bagel and grapes. It was awesome. And then he hung out with me and watched the girl some. I got to make the black skirt I've been meaning to make for ages. Anyway, it was a really nice thing for him to do, especially because tonight is his night to leave me home all evening and go play Shaintar.

Next week is the first week of the new quarter, and I'll be having to leave Ari four out of seven days a week. Only 2-1/2 hours on the off days, but still. I try not to think about it, or I get teary-eyed. I just have to tell myself that some other moms have to work full time, and I should be glad it's as little as it is.

Baby update: the girl is babbling like crazy. She definitely knows where her feet are, and she's totally into sticking her tongue out these days. Oh, and when I carry her on my hip, she holds on!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

You have one of the best guys!