Monday, March 06, 2006

God, I'm so tired

The days I'm at school, I'm always so, so ungodly tired at the end. On an ideal day, this is what my schedule is:

8:30- get up, and desperately try to finish prepping for my class/get ready/get my pump parts sterilized and together and also nurse the girl before I go, because she mostly won't eat while I'm gone.
10:15- leave, take my bike through the snow (and yes, it's snowing today) to the gym
10: 30- get to the gym, change, and work out
11:05- change back to my street clothes, get on the bike and go across campus to my phonetics class
11:30- phonetics class
1:18- jump on the bike, ride all the way across campus to the hospital, and pump in the pump room there. I also usually spend my pumping time doing last minute prep for my class.
2:15- get to my office, put my pumped milk in the fridge, and run to class
2:25- set up the projector etc. for my class
2:30- teach
4:15- go back to my office for office hours
5:00- go home

On non-ideal days, I don't get to work out because I leave too late, and I have to stay late after class. Like today, because I had to have a long talk with a student about his midterm, and I also had to do a makeup groupwork for a bunch of students who missed last Wednesday, 'cause it was Ash Wednesday. As evidenced, you'll note, by the fact that it's already after 5 and I'm still at school.

*sigh*

Ari is feeling way better than yesterday, but is still out of sorts. She was SUPER clingy to me this morning, which (as you might imagine) totally broke my heart. Since I had to leave. Thad (my sweet monkey man, and her daddy) would hold her, and she would sob, but if I held her, she was fine and happy and giggly. Thad spent most of the day walking around with her (walking in the sling is her favorite activity, save possibly nursing), and he says she's asleep now and mostly did okay, given the walking.

I was awake until 2:30-3 last night, too- for no good reason. I just couldn't sleep. Anyway, I hope I get to go home soon, because my best friend said he'd call, and I don't want to miss him!

No comments: