Sunday, March 26, 2006

Wrapped up in technicolor beetles

Thad's upstairs right now, reading Redwall to the girl. I tried to put her to bed, but she wiggled and wriggled until she woke herself right up, so Thad took her and wrapped her in a blanket and they're having daddy-daughter time. He's been reading to her since the very first night she came home, and it's amazing how much she likes it! She'll happily sit for ages up in the rocker on her daddy's lap, listening to him read. I don't know when she'll start to understand the stories, but I guess she likes having her daddy talk to her, and make silly voices.

We've been having a so-so sleep day. I got her to take a good nap in the morning, but the second nap has eluded us. She went down twice for it, but wouldn't stay asleep. I guess we'll just keep plugging at it- except Thad can never keep her asleep, and starting tomorrow, I leave her four days a week. I'm hoping that I can at least get her down for her nap before I have to leave on the two short days, but I'm gone 8-1/2 hours (it's a full 8 hour day plus transit time) on my full days. I'm trying to decide- should I try to pump on my short days? I'm real nervous about being away from her so much. I guess I'll try to pump when I'm home with her.

One of the moms from my mom's group is supposed to come and watch her while I'm at school on my short days. I hope that works out okay... I guess I'm just real nervous about the whole thing. I keep telling myself, it's what I have to do, it's my job, rent needs paid, I just need to put my big girl panties on and cope.

I just don't want to leave my little girl so much!

No comments: