Thursday, March 30, 2006

Big honkin' baby steps

There was all kinds of exciting baby-ness today. First of all, this morning, I noticed her folding her tongue in half lengthwise (slightly different than the mid-mouth tongue curl many people can do). I can do this. I think my brother Phil can do this, and I'm not sure about my sister. Thad cannot, nor can any of his family, so if Ari has the ability to do it, she must get it from me. :D It's a bit silly, I know, but it makes me happy to see some physical proof that she's my daughter. Particularly since she favors my husband so much in looks!

Secondly, today is the first day that she has really been sitting unsupported. She's leaning forward in this picture, but she was sitting up, too. She was able to sit up and use both her hands to play with toys, which is really exciting!

Thirdly, today is the day she took her first crawling steps. She hasn't quite got it totally worked out, but I saw her take three bona fide crawling steps today. She was up on hands and knees and crawled! The three steps took her to a stuffed bear, and she immediately dropped to the ground and stuck it in her mouth.

Fourthly, today is the first day that she's been able to consistently move from a prone to a sitting position all by herself.

Boy, it has taken my daughter a while to figure some stuff out, but she's got it all going on today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! I can't believe I'm getting to be the first person to comment about this entry! (I told you I'd comment once I had something to say) I could tell by the title that this posting was going to be exciting. I'm so happy for y'all!

Brooke said...

You act so proud... (Tries vainly to compete) My cats could crawl waaay before six months! :P