Sunday, March 12, 2006

Boys with fangs

Guess what I did yesterday? Actually got to sew, that's what! This is what I made; it took me most of the afternoon, and it was about time. The sling was starting to really hurt my back, what with it being on just one shoulder, and her being over 15 pounds now (little chub!). I took the need to make one of these carriers as an excuse to buy some really pretty brocade fabric, as you can see. The stripey there is the other side; I made it reversible so Thad can wear it without having to compromise his masculinity by wearing shiny purple butterflies ;). To my credit, though, the brown on the straps is a fabric I had in storage, so I didn't just splurge on the whole thing.

We then went to see Underworld: Evolution at the dollar theater (not my idea, I might add). Ari slept through the whole thing. It was about as bad as you might expect, although the male lead was at least a little eye candy, especially since there was an overall theme of toplessness in the movie. Even when he went all fang-y. He was, in fact, the only remotely interesting character in the movie. Alas, the movie was so adamantly against the whole concept of character development that we really only got to see him turn wolfy and fight people.

A few funny things that I learned at Wal-mart today:
1. I can still fit into children's clothing. The XL size, mind you, but still. Stupid kid's section having better clothes than the women's.
2. My daughter thinks basketballs are HI-larious. Thad picked one up in the store and spun it around, and she couldn't stop giggling and watching the ball. Totally adorable!

No comments: