Monday, March 20, 2006

Crunch goes the rat

I got to go to the zoo today! A mom from my mom's group called me just after I had woke up and offered to come all the way from Hilliard (about a 20-30 minute drive for those of you at home) and pick me and the girl up and take us with her to the zoo. A whole bunch of moms and kids were meeting up there.

It was really fun! It was a great bunch of noise and chaos (maybe 6-7 moms and significantly more kids than that) but it was great. I can't believe that's going to be Ari in not too long from now. She's such just a little bit. We wore our new carrier out, and it got many compliments. Ari just hung out and eventually napped. It was really sweet.

I didn't get to see many animals, but we did go by the reptile house, and it was feeding time there! It was really cool getting to see the zookeepers play puppet-dance with the dead rats, trying to entice the snakes into striking. We saw a monitor lizard totally crunch down this big rat. Oh, and I saw something I didn't realize before. He had this big forked tongue, and he could move the split bits around- like, he could smack them together or split them apart. I never thought that they had control over the forked part of their tongue like that- I guess I just thought that they flapped around.

Anyway, a good time was had by all. Ari came home and just wanted to cuddle for a while and nap. She's such a sweet girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julia! How's Ari? I was thinking about her yesterday as a 2 1/2 yr. old was racing around my cottage, chasing the teenage boys. She belonged to the mom of my new boy, and man, did she have energy!!!

I'm thinking about starting a blog. I got tired of LJ and deleted my account.

The only problem is that right now my life is my work, and so I would have to be really careful about what I posted.

Hope you are well. We seem to be drifting apart, primarily due to lack of time to stay in touch...it's kind of sad.

Julia said...

Yay! Hey, Reese. I miss you.