Sunday, March 19, 2006

What are these on my feet?

Well, I missed my first entries. :)

Rebecca and Karl were here this weekend; they came on Friday. I was feeling much better Friday than Thursday, and we had a really awesome time! On Friday, we went over to the North Market, and then grilled some brats. Then, we played a game Karl brought called Arkham Horror. It was really fun; it's a cooperative game- meaning, the players work together to beat the game, as opposed to trying to beat each other.

Saturday was the Equinox party. Ari (as you can see here) wore her shoes out for the first time. The party went quite well. Rebecca and I spent about four hours cooking for it! We had quiches, some seafood canape things, strawberry shortcake, Jello eggs, and Peeps. We actually spent the first part of the party out at the park, and played a little bit of lawn games- bocce and a new game I'd never played before called Kubb.

After we'd been outside for a little while, though, it was unanimously decided that it was FREAKIN' cold out and we repaired to our house in order to dye eggs and further party. Many people showed up extremely late (as in 3/4 hours) to the party, so it went on well into the evening. We ended up getting another game of Arkham Horror going and then staying up to all hours talking with R and K.

They left this morning; we had a nice Sunday brunch, though (yogurt coffeecake, organic yogurt with berries, bacon and Easter eggs) and we took a few pictures of Ari with her Aunt Rebecca.

I don't know if Ari felt Rebecca was similar to me- maybe our voices sound the same?- but she was very willing to just hang out with Rebecca; more so than with anyone else except her papa. Anyway, Rebecca and Karl got very much sweet baby time- although they assure me that they're still very happy to be an aunt and uncle rather than working on their own addition to the family tree. ;)

Anyway, we're settling down to have a Sunday roast and mashed potatoes, so I'll sign off.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

We had roast today too. Courtesy of Lauren. :) Actually, I think it was a corned beef, but I can't honestly tell the difference.

Julia said...

Roast is less salty, and not so much red colored.

In our case, it's just a hunk of meat that gets cooked in the oven until juicy and barely pink in the middle. Makes good sammiches after.